Santa Margherita Ligure
Built in 1678 as a summer residence of the Durazzo family, the villa is a typical Alessi square building, located in the middle of a beautiful park in a dominant position overlooking the Gulf of Tigullio.
In the 19th century the Villa was sold to Prince Centurion, who built the outbuildings and outlined the Italian Garden.
At the beginning of 20th century the villa was temporarily transformed into Grand Hotel, then acquired by Alfredo Chierichetti, who is responsible for the final layout of the park, and finally sold to the Municipality of Santa Margherita Ligure, in 1973.
The Villa can be visited throughout the year: its apartments host many important artworks like some Genoese School masterpieces (from 16th to 18th centuries), frescoes and trompe l’oeil, furniture from different periods, Murano glass chandeliers, stuccos, majolica and Genoese grit floors. It is also possible to visit the small museum dedicated to Vittorio G. Rossi, popular journalist and travel writer who was born in Santa Margherita Ligure.
The villa has spacious lounges and spectacular terraces, ideal places for wedding, gala dinners and civil marriages, or halls for the organization of conferences, cultural and journalistic awards, or classical music concerts.
Along the boulevards of the great romantic park it is possible to organize fairs, photographic services and filming sections.
The annex, Villa San Giacomo, is home to the “Coffee House”, a small oasis of comfort where you can sip a drink in the cool of the Italian Garden.