Brown Castle historic house
Standing on Roman foundations the first structure was built in 1425. During 16th century it was built up in order to increase the protection of the village against pirates incursions.
It later became known as Castle Brown, named after Montague Yeats Brown, British Counsel in Genoa, its owner from 1867 to 1949. Since 1961, when it was donated to the Municipality of Portofino, the castle is set for events and exhibitions while the storybook gardens and dreamy terraces surrounding the building offer an extraordinary panorama of Portofino.