Abbey of Borzone
The Abbey of Borzone is situated in a solitary location, about one kilometer far from the village of Borzonasca, in the middle of Sturla valley.
The exact date of construction is uncertain but it appears to have been built sometime between 712 and 714.
During the Lombard period, around the year 972, it was entrusted to the Benedictines who administrated the entire valley the year 1000.
It was subsequently elevated to the status of Abbey and later to parish church by the Fieschi family.
The entire structure consists of the church and tower, a canonical house, a farmhouse, a sacristy and the cloister.
Borzone Abbey was declared national monument in 2010.