Treasures of Art and Culture in the Italian Riviera
SAN MARTINO CHURCH
Built in the 12th century in Lombard-Romanesque style but modified in the 19th, the Parish Church of San Martino is located in the oldest part of Portofino.
SANTA MARIA ASSUNTA CHURCH
Originally built in 12th century near the harbour, the church was twice renovated during 16th and 19th centuries. The church features some refined frescoes and a 16th century altar piece by Bernardo Castello.
Directly built on a rocky seashore in 1550, to defend the city against the continual incursions and sacks by the pirates, it has now became the symbol of Rapallo and it is used for events and exhibitions.
VILLA DURAZZO CENTURIONE
Built in 1678 in typical Genoese style as summer residence of Durazzo Family, it was sold to Centurione family in 1821. In 1919 it was acquired by Alfredo Chierichetti who expanded the park with exotic.
SANTUARIO DI NOSTRA SIGNORA DELL’ORTO SHRINE
The Church was built between 1613 and 1633, in the place where the Holy Virgin appeared in 1610, and at the beginning of 19th century it was enlarged with a new neoclassical pronao.
COLLEGIATE CHURCH OF SANTO STEFANO
The origins of the religious building date back to the 6th century, when near the church was attested an ancient lighthouse, along the coast.
SAINT MARY OF NAZARET CHURCH
A prior chapel was documented in the same place in 1368. In 1604, because of the enlargement of the ancient isthmus that linked the island to the mainland, a new church was built by Giovanni Battista Carlone.
SANTA CROCE CHURCH
Founded during the 11th century the present church was built with one nave in 1725 over the remnants of the previous building.
ABBEY OF BORZONE
The Abbey of Borzone is situated in a solitary location, about one kilometer far from the village of Borzonasca, in the middle of Sturla Valley.
BASILICA DEI FIESCHI
In the hinterland surroundings of Lavagna, in the municipality of Cogorno, lies the San Salvatore dei Fieschi Basilica.
More Information OK